- Perform windows search for Server Manager Interface.
- On selection of Server Manager, the Server Manager dashboard window will be shown. Select Add Role or Feature to open the wizard. Then select Role-based or feature-based installation. Click Next and select the server which you want to work on.
- Go to Features section, expand either .NET Framework 3.5 Features node or the .NET Framework 4.5 Features node depending on what is installed. If both are installed then we need to do below mentioned steps for both.
- Expand WCF services section, then select HTTP Activation as shown in the screenshot below,
- Keep clicking on next until you install it.
If the above solution doesn't work, try the below approaches.
- Check if you are missing config tag <security mode=”Transport”> inside the node <webHttpBinding>
- Check if below tag is present, if not then add under <endpointBehaviors> tag <webHttp helpEnabled="true" automaticFormatSelectionEnabled="true"/>