Tetherfi standard for component versioning is a 4 doted decimal number of the format M.yy.mm.dd[.r] where
- M - The major version. A single digit or two digit number. This changes only for major refactoring or major roll out of a product.
- yy - Year of release. A two digit number. Specifies the year component of the release date.
- mm - Month of release. A two digit number. Specifies the month component of release date.
- dd - Day of release. A two digit number. Specifies the date of the month component of the release date.
- r - Optional. Either 'a' or 'b' specifying alpha or beta releases. This component should only be added to alpha/beta releases.
e.g. Chat Server - 1.19.03.24, TMAC - 3.18.05.20, Media Server - 126.96.36.199.b
All C# applications should set and maintain version in Project Properties -> Application -> Assembly Information
All C++ applications should maintain a PrefixVersion.h file (where Prefix can be a application specific prefix) where the version is set. The application should log the version to log at startup.